Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lecehcFr3voU9@mid.individual.net>

From: Thomas Heger <ttt_heg@web.de>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Spacetime
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2024 09:07:28 +0200

Am Donnerstag000027, 27.06.2024 um 20:32 schrieb gharnagel:

>> >  >
>> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Ur3_giuk2l439fxUa8QHX4wTDxBEaM6lOlgVUa0cFU4/edit?usp=sharing

>> > "It's based entirely on geometrical relations within a smooth
>> continuum,
>> > that is supposed to be the spacetime of GR."

>> My own approach is very different and based on spacetime of GR as
>> 'real'.
>>
>> Now I only needed VERY few assumption!
>>
>> that are mainly: points have features and space is a subset of something
>> with higher dimensions.
>
> Ah, sounds like M-theory :-))

No, I dislike stringtheory and had no extension of that theory in mind.

I wanted something different than one of the usual 'materialistic'
concepts, to which string-theory actually belongs.

I wanted to create matter, space and time out of pure nothing.

There exist actually a book about this idea.

It stems from Prof. Peter Rowland of Liverpool and has the title 'From
Zero to Infinity'.

Unfortunaterly it is very expensive and VERY difficult to read.

(My own 'book'  is for free and much easier to read.)

>> Also: systems are what you call system and have imaginary borders, which
>> are infinetely thin.
>
> "Infinitely thin" means nonexistent.
Sure.

That's why I wrote, that spacetime of GR is a smooth continuum.

What we regard as systems, that are actually subparts, which we define
as independent systems, while these borders between them depend on our
definitions.

But actually there are no independent entities, because the entities we
call 'particles' are not as independent as we think.

TH