Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ledngeF3a1fU1@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: I can pick my "knows" if I want to.
Date: 30 Jun 2024 18:46:40 GMT

On Sun, 30 Jun 2024 08:33:28 -0500, chrisv wrote:

> No actually thinks that we're going to sail the Gerald R Ford down there
> and be subjected to 1000 missles, do they?

The Navy probably does. They haven't quite figured out a missile can
destroy a carrier further away than the operational range of the planes it
is carrying. They may even manage to lose one to a Houthi flying car bomb.

https://www.propublica.org/article/navy-littoral-combat-ship-takeaways

Congress fought over it for a couple of years but I believe the Navy
finally is allowed to scrap the Little Crappy Ships. No problem. I'm sure
Bath Iron Works and the companies that built the other version have cached
the checks and sent the 10% to the proper grifters.