Article <leel33F7fchU2@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<leel33F7fchU2@mid.individual.net>

From: Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Ignoring requests for Apple ID
Date: 1 Jul 2024 03:11:31 GMT

On 2024-07-01, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2024-06-30 17:05, bp@www.zefox.net wrote:
>> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

>>> Nothing bad will happen.
>>>
>>> You'll need to sign in if you want to download a new app, but on a
>>> day-to-day basis, there is no service for which you need to be
>>> signed in to your AppleID.
>>>

>> Ok, but why is the phone asking me to sign in?
>
> I don't know.
>
> But clearly, at some point, you signed in to something.

Yep, that's what it boils down to. As an example, if Settings > App
Store > App Downloads or App Updates is enabled, and you've ever
installed apps from the App Store, then naturally the device will
occasionally ask you to sign into that account, especially if it has
been a long time since the last time you signed into it.

JR