Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lf8dm1F3j7qU1@mid.individual.net>

From: "Carlos E. R." <robin_listas@es.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: There he goes again
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2024 23:44:33 +0200

On 2024-07-10 20:57, rbowman wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2024 13:40:04 -0000 (UTC), candycanearter07 wrote:
>
>> rbowman <bowman@montana.com> wrote at 03:27 this Tuesday (GMT):

>>> Leaving a thumb drive laying on the sidewalk or a parking lot is a good
>>> gag too. Some people just have to see what's on it.
>>

>> Have you ever done that?
>
> Loaded an unknown drive? Nope. I was even skeptical about using a drive
> still in the plastic packaging that our company used as a gimme at shows.
>
> It's a popular technique. There was a suspicion that Israel fucked up the
> air-gapped Iranian centrifuges that way.

In some cities you can find usb sticks inserted in the mortar of a wall.
Kind of similar to books hidden in a tree hole.

I once found a stick in a rental flat. I did loo inside, to phone the
people who had just left the flat if it was important. Turned out it was
simply a damaged stick, worked for a while.

--
Cheers,
        Carlos E.R.