Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lfmdnR_OQrVsbOv7nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: 5th Circuit Strikes Down Bump Stock Ban
From: BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
 <atropos-35247F.16282619062024@news.giganews.com>
 <s6077jpsl679hmse4jdbsf9eg38a9pf6qt@4ax.com>
 <v52ki8$2qv7o$2@dont-email.me>
 <atropos-0C76E1.18474220062024@news.giganews.com>
 <v52n7s$2v630$4@dont-email.me>
 <atropos-4D6141.22022320062024@news.giganews.com>
 <v56q4g$3qg7n$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2024 15:46:57 +0000

FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/21/24 1:02 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <v52n7s$2v630$4@dont-email.me>, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> You keep glossing over the fact that both machine guns and bump stocks
>>> require the same action.
>>
>> No, I'm focusing on the one thing that legally matters: a single
>> function of the trigger. It's literally impossible for a semi-auto rifle
>> to fire more than one round with a single function of the trigger. The
>> trigger mechanism must complete a full cycle of function for every round
>> that leaves the barrel.
>>

> Which is what the bump stock facilitates.

Yes, it facilitates multiple trigger functions in rapid succession, and
since it's multiple functions, not a single function, it falls outside the
definition of machine gun in the Act.

> Fuck what they decided on bump stocks. They turn single shot guns into
> machine guns

The Court didn't turn anything into anything. They clearly said Congress
can regulate machine guns and can even include bump stocks in the
definition if it collectively so desires. But the Court clarified that
Congress is the *only* body that can do this. BATF can't do it for them.