Article <lfus9bFfohpU7@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lfus9bFfohpU7@mid.individual.net>

From: Thomas Heger <ttt_heg@web.de>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Relativistic aberration
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2024 12:08:45 +0200
 <2EXLnr_H9bJJ03uqOqvAke2Stu0@jntp>
 <40a7f3651fa003ba04b12ddd79ee55b1@www.novabbs.com>
 <lfp8pbFkr1mU1@mid.individual.net>
 <277d12ea32119cb16056773223fe1a45@www.novabbs.com>
 <lfrr9lF22urU4@mid.individual.net>
 <18c8d977437847653002c00e44c19d15@www.novabbs.com>

Am Donnerstag000018, 18.07.2024 um 15:02 schrieb gharnagel:
> On Thu, 18 Jul 2024 6:33:27 +0000, Thomas Heger wrote:

>> > Ah, but if we can develop tachyon astronomy, that will not be true!
>>
>> Well, if light would speed up somehow in remote corners of the universe,
>> we would still see what we see in the night sky, if this phenomenon
>> would not change in observable timespans.
>>
>> Possibly there are tachyons, but those are invisible anyhow, because we
>> can see only light and light moves with light speed and tachyons don't.
>
> "See" is an interesting verb and "light" is an interesting noun.  We use
> them to describe situations where we don't actually use the band between
> 0.7 and 0.4 um.  We now can "see" gravitational waves and interstellar
> neutrinos, as well as IR and UV astronomy thanks to scientific advances.
> PTOLEMY may expand the field to "relic" neutrinos (which may be
> tachyonic).

Well, to see is what people actually do, when they look into the night sky.

With a telescope we could look further, but that was also based on human
perception of light.

Today we have other means and can 'see' more or less the entire em-spectrum.

But our methaphysical intuition is based on the visual impressions of
our ancestors, because that is how mainstream physics works.

Therefore I refer to seeing in connection with cosmological modells,
because our intuition is based on light and vision.

To include non-em waves or other frequencies into cosmology would allow
other intuitions, but that is something, which our mainstream does not like.

TH