Article <lg90qrF2gj6U4@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lg90qrF2gj6U4@mid.individual.net>

From: Thomas Heger <ttt_heg@web.de>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Approximately 300,000 km/s With Respect To What?
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2024 08:27:47 +0200

Am Montag000022, 22.07.2024 um 14:19 schrieb Richard Hachel:

>> My proposal: we need to change the future!
>>
>> This is actually very easy and goes like this:
>>
>> if 'bad guys' have time-machines, we could make the use of them really
>> dangerous by very simple means:
>>
>> Simmply use (occasionally) a coin to decide what you do.
>>
>> think about two possible activities, which are both equally good for
>> you. Then flip a coin and do, which action you had assigned to either
>> side of the coin and which side comes up.
>>
>> This is simple, but would alter the future, hence make all predictions
>> about the future worthless.
>>
>> This is actually good for 'good guys' because those have no time
>> machines and are therefore not threatend by 'future manipulation'.
>>
>> But 'bad guys' apparently use 'time-travel', what is a VERY powerful
>> weapon.
>>
>> You and everybodey else could make that a little more adventurous, if
>> you decide to make thinks only better and nicer that necessary and if
>> you bring an element of unpredictability into the world, which is
>> based on flipping a coin.
>
> There's not much we can do.
>
> It is much easier to destroy than to build, which is why generally, as
> the Bible says: “The wicked gets fat, and the poor wastes.”

It's easier to destroy, sure, but that is the reason, why 'to build' is
the best way to distort the future in an unpredictable way.

It has to do with the term 'entropy', which also means 'disorder'.

If you willfully lower entropy in your personal environment (mainly) and
also elsewhere, you create soemthing, which natur does not expect.

Usually entropy always increases, hence things become broken, system in
disorder and cold things get warm.

It takes time and efford to undo this and to work in the 'wrong' direction.

If you do this secretly, it will become entirely unpredictable and
therefore the equations of the time-devices become wrong and the
timetravelers get katapulted into the wrong universe.

For you this is irrelevant, because you will most likely have no time
machine.

Lower entropy is actually better for you and your health and you will
most likely profit from cleaning your home, fixing things and being
helpfull to your loved ones.

TH