Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lghc20Fnb8cU1@mid.individual.net>

From: occam <occam@nowhere.nix>
Newsgroups: sci.lang,alt.usage.english
Subject: Re: Photos (Jpg, Png-viewer) --- i don't like it because it launches
 sluggishly...
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2024 12:28:16 +0200

On 26/07/2024 07:20, Rich Ulrich wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jul 2024 21:47:38 -0600, Tilde <invalide@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Tony Cooper wrote:

<snip>

>>> I have thousands of images from .jpgs to .pngs on my computer.  I use
>>> the (free) FastStone Photo Viewer.  It's not only a great image
>>> viewer, but offers many other options from selecting by tagged images
>>> to bulk re-naming.  It's set as my default viewer.
>>>
>>> https://www.faststone.org/
>>
>> https://www.irfanview.com/
>
> I have both Faststone and Irfanview, and I like Faststone better.

Same here.

However, you should bear in mind that Irfanview is the more accomplished
of the two. It has a far more comprehensive set of functions.

> What I remember last using Irfanview for was when I wanted
> to change the default orientation of some pictures that were
> usually wrong (downloaded from my off-brand phone).
>
> IIRC, Faststone would rotate them okay for PC display by Faststone,
> but they would be wrong when uploaded to Face Book.

I think you must've missed the warning given by the 'rotate' function of
Faststone. It clearly states (at the point of clicking the rotate arrow)
that the rotation is for display purposes, and that the image will
return to its normal orientation after the display.