Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lgju1eF4ki2U1@mid.individual.net>

From: occam <occam@nowhere.nix>
Newsgroups: sci.lang,alt.usage.english
Subject: Re: PTD was the most-respected of the AUE regulars ...
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2024 11:47:26 +0200

On 26/07/2024 20:33, Tony Cooper wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 Jul 2024 16:25:25 +0000, jerry.friedman99@gmail.com

>> In a.u.e., where linguistics isn't the topic as often as in sci.lang,
>> his
>> posts could have been a textbook of falsehoods, ad hominems,
>> misleading statements, half-truths, misunderstandings, unstated
>> assumptions, unhelpful attempts to help, rhetorical questions in
>> place of arguments, tastes and opinions and controversial ideas
>> stated as facts, and just about everything else that could provoke
>> a response.  Was he doing it deliberately?  I don't know.

Amen to all of that!

> One can't help but wonder what PTD does with his days, now.  Before
> leaving aue, he spent much of his day posting to aue.  Losing aue must
> be like Trump losing "Truth Social".

I have a scenario in my fantasy that he can still *read* all the posts,
but cannot respond to any of them, due to his Usenet incompetence. So,
he gets increasingly frustrated and bangs his head against the desktop.

If the OP who initiated this thread - an airhead and nincompoop in his
own right -  really wants to tap into "the most-respected of AUE
regulars" thoughts, he should email PTD directly.  (Someone please
provide the clucking Hen with PTDs email.)