Article <lgtntqFjg34U1@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lgtntqFjg34U1@mid.individual.net>

From: Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Relativistic aberration
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2024 11:04:26 +0800

On 15-July-24 6:30 am, Richard Hachel wrote:
> Beauty is the splendor of truth.
>
> If a theory is not beautiful, it is not true.

And already your notions have gone awry.

Since we have no proof that the laws of physics have to be beautiful,
seeking to impose that notion on the universe risks sending oneself down
a blind alley.

Unfortunately, you're not the only person to have fallen into this trap.
The idea may have derailed fundamental research for decades, and lead to
a strong expectation that super-symmetric particles would be found by
the LHC. Spoiler alert, they weren't.

Perhaps fundamental physics is ugly. If it is, we have to live with that.

Sylvia.