Article <lhj7thFrp53U1@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lhj7thFrp53U1@mid.individual.net>

From: Thomas Heger <ttt_heg@web.de>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: "Time" vs "physical time"
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2024 08:46:20 +0200

Am Dienstag000006, 06.08.2024 um 12:21 schrieb Maciej Wozniak:
> W dniu 06.08.2024 o 11:15, Richard Hachel pisze:
>> Le 06/08/2024 à 10:02, Maciej Wozniak a écrit :
>>> When a real person in the real world
>>> says "time" - he/she doesn't refer
>>> to your mystical crap at all. The
>>> word usually means one of zone times
>>> or UTC; TAI is referred rarely, but it
>>> is still important. NONE of them is
>>> observer dependent.
>>>
>>> That's why The Shit is opposed so
>>> fiercely by "laymen". Whet they
>>> refer as "time" simply doesn't
>>> have those absurd properties invented
>>> by your idiot guru for pseudotime he
>>> liked.
>>
>> I don't understand what you're saying.
>> Of course, solar time depends on the person's location
> None of the mentioned above is "solar time".
>

>> But where I think you're making a mistake is when you think that we
>> can adjust this with a universal clock, independent of the sun, and
>> which would give a universal time.
>> This conception is false, and any clock can only give a local time.
>
> B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T.
> Time was never local and it's not
> going to become local just because some
> idiots want it to.  We can set clocks to
> whatever we want. And we don't want to set
> them to your local idiocy. Face it.

Time is a local phenomenon, but for other reason than location on planet
Earth.

Earth' surface is what I call 'a time-domaine' which uses the same time
all around the globe (at the same hight).

The particular time of sunrise is not really something, which makes a
difference, as 'reading of clocks' is time neither.

You should understand time a kind of rhythm of nature, which we can
count and which gives us means to determine, how long something takes.

This is based on some initial event and certain means of synchronisation.

As the Earth rotates in space, we can take just one meridian, to say,
that the passing of the sun in zenith at this meridian is 'universal
noon', while that isn't universal at all.

That doesn't matter too much.

But it would matter, for instance, if time would run backwards very far
away in some remote corners of the universe (from our perspective),
because that would require, that we treat time as local.

TH