Article <lhlnr1F8p0oU3@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lhlnr1F8p0oU3@mid.individual.net>

From: Thomas Heger <ttt_heg@web.de>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: "Time" vs "physical time"
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2024 07:30:21 +0200

Am Donnerstag000008, 08.08.2024 um 09:39 schrieb Maciej Wozniak:
> W dniu 08.08.2024 o 08:46, Thomas Heger pisze:

>>> None of the mentioned above is "solar time".

>>> B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T.
>>> Time was never local and it's not
>>> going to become local just because some
>>> idiots want it to.  We can set clocks to
>>> whatever we want. And we don't want to set
>>> them to your local idiocy. Face it.
>>>

>> Time is a local phenomenon,
>
> It is neither local, nor a phenomenon.
> "Time in the meaning of a physicist/wannabe physicist"
> may be both in their precious mystical gedankenwelts, but
> the entities referred as "time" by sane people in the real
> world - UTC, TAI, zone times - are coordinates: abstract,
> human made, purely virtual. And, last but not least -
> observer independent.

Anything observable is a phenomenon.

Since time is observable, I call it a (locally observable) phenomenon.

And time is not a coordinate!

The idea of time is based on counting repeated events, which occur at a
(seemingly) constant frequency.

You may eventually 'serialise' such a process of counting and draw
something on a chart.

In this case time would be a coordinate.

But such a chart ins't a natural phenomenon, but a manmade artifact.

TH