Article <liqnlhFr49eU3@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<liqnlhFr49eU3@mid.individual.net>

From: Thomas Heger <ttt_heg@web.de>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: [SR and synchronization] Cognitive Dissonances and Mental
 Blockage
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2024 08:14:39 +0200

Am Donnerstag000022, 22.08.2024 um 12:58 schrieb Python:

>>> The distance between A and B can be denoted in a lot of ways. The point
>>> is to ensure that there is no ambiguity given the context. As a matter
>>> of fact Einstein in the ORIGINAL paper used an overbar on top of
>>> AB
>>> (https://myweb.rz.uni-augsburg.de/~eckern/adp/history/einstein-papers/1905_17_891-921.pdf)
>>>
>>> So if there were someone to blame here, it would be the translator.
>>>

>> I wrote annotations from a certain perspective:
>>
>> I treated the text in question as homework of a student and myself as
>> hypothetical professor, who had to write corrections for that paper.
>
> You cannot pretend to be a professor, even hypothetical, when dealing
> with subject you are both ignorant of and too stupid to understand.

I have already written, that this is a certain perspective of writing.

I could - for instance - write a novel from the perspective of JFK,
after being shot.

You could complain, this is not possible.

Sure, most likely this isn't.

BUT: it's the author, who choses the writing perspective and not the reader.

TH