Article <lj034sFlavqU2@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lj034sFlavqU2@mid.individual.net>

From: Thomas Heger <ttt_heg@web.de>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: [SR and synchronization] Cognitive Dissonances and Mental
 Blockage
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2024 09:01:16 +0200

Am Samstag000024, 24.08.2024 um 10:11 schrieb Mikko:

>>> These symbols are easy to remember: all are variants of K, which is
>>> the first letter of Koordinaten-system. The only difference is that
>>> K denotes the coordinate system K, k denotes the coordinate system k,
>>> K' denotes the coordinate syste K', and k' denotes the coordinate
>>> system k'. All coordinate systems are intertial, and much else is
>>> not said about them so needn'd be remembered.
>>>

>> Well, but no.
>>
>> The symbols K, k, K' and k' use two variations:
>> a) small and large letters
>> b) primed and not primed letters
>>
>> Now 'small' means 'moving' (of k along the x-axis of K)
>
> Of those that are used at the same time, everyone is moving relative
> to every other.
>
>> But 'primed' means what????
>
> Nothing by itself. It is used to create a symbol that is different
> but not too different from an earlier symbol.

Yes, but I have critized this, because any symbol used should have a
meaning.

So ' should have a meaning of some sort and the author should stick to
that meaning, because otherwise is get's really annyoing to read such a
paper.

It would actually be nice, if an author would also tell the reader, what
interpretation of a symbol was intended.

But many readers are able to find out on their own, what an author
eventually meant.

But even such readers could get really frustrated, if the symbol alters
it's meaning within a longish text.

TH