Article <lkh7htF9s12U2@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lkh7htF9s12U2@mid.individual.net>

From: Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: [NEWS] Everything Apple Announced Today
Date: 12 Sep 2024 22:16:29 GMT

On 2024-09-12, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2024-09-12 09:23, Wilf wrote:

>>> I like my iPhone too.  There are some things it does and certain
>>> apps which I've grown accustomed to that I can't do without.  But I
>>> think what Arlen has been pointing out to the iPhone group is that
>>> Apple has severely limited iOS and the iPhone compared to Android
>>> and the other phone manufacturers.  This type of mentality is not
>>> tolerated and immediately assailed by those heavily invested in the
>>> Apple ecosystem.  There can't be a real discussion without personal
>>> insults and talking past each other.  If anyone doesn't worship
>>> Apple they are immediately labeled a troll or heretic.  It's much
>>> like the political discourse these days.
>>
>> Exactly so.  I'm neither a troll nor a heretic, but there is no need
>> for people to insult those who either like or don't like iPhones.
>> And Arlen (if he exists) is just as bad in that respect.
>
> Oh, he obviously exists...
>
> ...and he is far WORSE in that respect.
>
> He goes out of his way to insult people merely for civilly disagreeing
> with him.

Hell, they don't even have to disagree with him. He's regularly here
calling anyone who uses Apple products dumb, low-IQ, etc. And
invariably when people push back, badgolferman swoops in claiming those
same people are intolerant and attacking poor, little Arlen. They play
this little game repeatedly.

JR