Article <ll6ofjFjgadU1@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ll6ofjFjgadU1@mid.individual.net>

From: Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
Newsgroups: sci.physics
Subject: Re: do you believe we can quantize gravity?
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2024 10:14:11 +0800

On 21-Sept-24 2:10 am, kami wrote:
> or is the question itself wrong in some way?

Consider the scenario where a photon goes through a double slit. A
photon has mass, and things with mass interact through the gravitational
field.

So even after the photon passes through the double slit, there is going
to be some interaction with other things possessing mass. The task is to
quantitatively describe that interaction.

Whether you call that quantization of gravity or not, the resulting
theory is going to have to handle the quantum nature of photons.

Of course, the problem we have at the moment is that we cannot perform
the required measurements to provide input to the theoreticians, nor
test any theories they may devise.

Sylvia.