Article <llkd25FlhobU6@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<llkd25FlhobU6@mid.individual.net>

From: Thomas Heger <ttt_heg@web.de>
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Oh my God!
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2024 08:25:13 +0200

Am Mittwoch000025, 25.09.2024 um 12:28 schrieb Athel Cornish-Bowden:
> On 2024-09-25 00:27:09 +0000, Richard Hachel said:
>
>> I stumbled upon this on Wikipedia...
>>
>> I don't know whether to laugh or cry...
>>
>> Did you see where Minkowski places his simultaneity plans?
>>
>> But that's not it!!!
>>
>> That's not it AT ALL!!!
>>
>> <http://nemoweb.net/jntp?Ev7wMrtKlxguxDn1RDUke8-o3Zo@jntp/Data.Media:1>
>
> That's clearly not Minkowski's diagram (did he have suitable drawing
> software in the 19th century?), but someone's interpretation of it. I
> hope you're not adopting Thomas Heger's habit of lying about who wrote
> what.

this wasn't my diagram, but looks actually correct.

My own explanation for the so called twin paradox was a bit similar, but
based on the idea, that acceleration causes the relativistic effects and
not velocity.

Such a travel would cause a situation, where a spaceship gets
accelerated from - say- Earth, to reach a certain travel velocity to a
distant star and a planet there.

Then the spaceship gets decelerated in order to land there.

Then the spaceship starts from there, travels back to Earth and needs to
decelerate here.

This requires four instances of acceleration (two positive and two
negative), which should cancel the effect.

TH