Article <lm0au5Fga7oU1@mid.individual.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<lm0au5Fga7oU1@mid.individual.net>

From: rbowman <bowman@montana.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Linux 6.11
Date: 30 Sep 2024 19:02:29 GMT
	<pan$94d41$141fa781$36c5a29$1edd2d1b@gnu.rocks>
	<vcptrp$2auv3$4@dont-email.me> <vcq90p$2ctaa$2@dont-email.me>
	<vcqort$2igu7$2@dont-email.me> <llcfafFff4oU1@mid.individual.net>
	<vct153$2tic0$3@dont-email.me> <llen35Fpv7vU1@mid.individual.net>
	<vcvall$3bcrt$9@dont-email.me> <llgv8bF5rlhU2@mid.individual.net>
	<vddkgs$254hd$9@dont-email.me>

On Mon, 30 Sep 2024 07:38:04 -0000 (UTC), Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> On 24 Sep 2024 23:11:07 GMT, rbowman wrote:

>>> Was Shelby actually an USian? It’s just you don’t normally hear of
>>> USian cars that are fast, not just in a straight line, but around
>>> corners as well ...
>>
>> Better yet he was a Texian.
>
> So where did he get his experience of roads that actually curve? Did he
> spend much time in Europe as a lad or something?

Your ignorance of the US is interesting. I grew up in an area where
straight roads were an exception and many of them were dirt. I developed a
driving style that is frowned on by the new 'stability control' systems.
There is nothing wrong with getting a little sideways. Where I live now is
similar once you get out of the valleys.

Shelby did get around though. He drove Aston-Martins, Ferraris, and
Maseratis in a number of venues including LeMans, Sebring, and even the
New Zealand Grand Prix.

I'll admit most of Texas doesn't do much for me. It does get better out in
the Guadalupes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guadalupe_Peak