Article <n45sdjt7c89t201vsba04q4p6nc8stc683@4ax.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<n45sdjt7c89t201vsba04q4p6nc8stc683@4ax.com>

From: Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: BOLO pervert cyclist
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2024 17:28:07 -0400
References: <v26ndj5b4038brf60dhms4jqluln99fcq0@4ax.com> <vbga1p$10phu$6@dont-email.me> <5sindjpqbq0lks6kn3but34lsisqsf0ooo@4ax.com> <vbhq2m$1dkbr$1@dont-email.me> <vbhqdj$1dnp0$2@dont-email.me> <vbi2vi$1ev12$1@dont-email.me> <h9tpdj5rb1pkdq4mn4stg17jps7br03qkt@4ax.com> <vbj38n$1pico$1@dont-email.me> <rkuqdjdtq8b0e6fjspblnontscrgv5c9p0@4ax.com> <93kDO.172531$hKDf.156227@fx07.ams4> <o5ordjhom5hp8v67g4i4oard8179631r91@4ax.com> <pcoDO.488782$v0Jd.455216@fx06.ams4>

On Sun, 08 Sep 2024 20:56:53 GMT, Roger Merriman <roger@sarlet.com>
wrote:

>Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, 08 Sep 2024 16:13:57 GMT, Roger Merriman <roger@sarlet.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I?d be frankly staggered if he was, such vehicles used as they are ie
>>> attempted status symbols see the Tesla Truck for in someways the pinnacle
>>> of such stuff.
>>>
>>> Roger Merriman
>>
>> I don't think that Tesla truck is a status thing. If someone gave me
>> one I'd trade it on something more practical before anyone knew I had
>> it and that I'd been dumb enough to buy it. Same with an electric car
>> or bicycle.
>
>It very much is a status symbol and arguably the worst of Tesla ie Musk
>seems to have had way too much influence with this over other Teslas.
>
>If one really wants to and I’d suggest not! whole loads of influencers with
>their Tesla truck, all over the socials, it appears to be at best mediocre
>off road, most of the tracks showing how good it is, look easily driven by
>a French farmer in a Citroen!
>
>And yes in comparison to the F150 EV Ford apparently knowing their
>customers has all the stuff that folks do with pickup trucks or at least
>aspire to do so, but either way beyond being a EV it’s a pickup truck
>though Riven and other startups don’t seem to have made same mistakes as
>Tesla ie extending testing a prototype to do what it’s claimed to do.
>

>> --
>> C'est bon
>> Soloman
>>
>Roger Merriman

Electric trucks, pickups or 18 wheelers, are even more ridiculous than
electric bicycles. I can understand someone having electric car if all
they do is make short trips and have charging capability at their
home. I once saw Tesla (they're the only ones that stand out) here in
Florida with New York plates, and I wondered how much falderal the
trip required. (falderal as in checking ahead and changing plans to
get to a charging station at the right time.)

--
C'est bon
Soloman