Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<n8kg0jdh38asmed9qm65tp833p4796lmg9@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-23 (Saturday)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 14:59:33 -0400

On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 08:23:17 -0700, Arthur Lipscomb
<arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>On 3/26/2024 12:41 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

Whether they were coming to conquer us or not doesn't really matter if
they were that far ahead of us. Though they point out another reason
they are afraid of us having to do with time and advancement over
time.

>>> I think those humans were planning on cashing in on being the first to
>>> welcome their new overlords.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lcUHQYhPTE

Oh I'm sure they were hoping to follow Satan, I mean, Our Lord, and
reap the benefits.

I don't think they ever said that, but it was clear they felt they had
to leave which wouldn't have been necessary if their world was just
going to merrily continue on this journey around the suns. After all
they had a process in place to handle the variations, strange as it
was.

I wonder if they were going with the idea that the fatigues were never
intended to fully stop a bullet (this isn't John Wick's world) but
would serve to slow it down enough that the armor underneath could
keep Saul safe.

Yeah, the idea of nanowire being used as a trap, especially for
motorcycle riders, has been around for ages. Why they felt the need to
use it in this way I'm unsure of. I guess they felt it would kill
everyone on board before they could destroy the data. But, as you say,
why wouldn't it also destroy the data they wanted?

I liked her performance even in BLOODSHOT.

Because the plot said so. Plot armor is always the best form of armor.

Except from what we see the sophon doesn't appear to be kneecapping
much of anything. Sure, they might be acting on specific people but
that's all.