Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<nbcu9j5d7r8gbdngudbti83dg4agsl6knb@4ax.com>

From: Steve Hayes <hayesstw@telkomsa.net>
Newsgroups: sci.lang,alt.usage.english,alt.english.usage
Subject: Re: PTD was the most-respected of the AUE regulars ...
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2024 06:40:34 +0200

On Mon, 22 Jul 2024 12:57:39 -0700, HenHanna <HenHanna@devnull.tb>
wrote:

>On 4/13/2024 11:33 AM, HenHanna wrote:
>>
>> so it seems PTD wasn't a big fish (Trump) elsewhere.
>>

>>  > The BIG FISH comment reminds me of a Master's thesis, I forget where,
>>  > that analysed roles of people in newsgroups. It caused great amusement
>>  > here (AUE) because it so badly miscategorised the roles of the
>>  > regulars. In
>>  > particular, it concluded that PTD was the most-respected of the AUE
>>  > regulars, because of the many responses to him. It's true that he did
>>  > start the most arguments.

PTD was a regular in sci.lang via Googlegroups, and suddenly jumped
into aue as a result of something that was crossposted there.

He became something of a notorious nuisance, a source of
misinformation about which he was in constant dispute. He was rather a
disruptive influence.

He could contribute useful information on topics he knew something
about, but he became argumentative about things of which he was
altogether ignorant.

The instance I remember most was when he denied that the town of El
Paso, Illinois, existed, and continued to deny its existence no matter
what evidence was put before him.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://www.khanya.org.za/stevesig.htm