Article <o1qobjhdn8pdkf2l04fm7fbddckv36rd9l@4ax.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<o1qobjhdn8pdkf2l04fm7fbddckv36rd9l@4ax.com>

From: Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: cyclists attack auto driver
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2024 04:39:31 -0400

On Tue, 13 Aug 2024 21:40:45 -0400, Frank Krygowski
<frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 8/13/2024 4:33 PM, Catrike Ryder wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Aug 2024 11:19:25 -0400, Frank Krygowski
>> <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>> It's a discussion group. Why does that fact baffle you so?
>>
>> You have a habit of demanding personal information that goes beyond
>> the realm of discussion. Like I said, I know why you do it. You want
>> information about people so you can use it against them.
>
>In this instance, "Use it against them" seems to be your code for
>"pointing out that their own behavior is at odds with their fervently
>stated opinions." I don't think that is unreasonable to note in a
>_discussion_ group.

I comment on your behavior in this group. For instance, you ignorantly
argued that a person not owning a certain kind of firearm as a reason
it should be banned.

>> But the question remains, why do you think whether or not someone
>> carries a gun is your business?
>
>Because John chose to post "yet more justification" on a public
>_discussion_ group. Again, if he didn't want this matter discussed, he
>should not have posted about it. Why is that point so confusing to you?

Apparently, you actually believe you have a right to demand personal
information. It's no wonder that you are not popular among your real
life peers. I wouldn't want you on any commitee I was associated with.

>>> If a person doesn't want their practices, habits, opinions and quirks
>>> discussed, they should stop typing.
>>
>> The stated issue was about a reason for carrying a gun. It was an
>> opinion and I could understand someone asking to elaborate on the
>> opinion, but that's not what you did.
>>
>>> Which leads me to note that you frequently state your opinion on matters
>>> that don't affect you in the least. The latest example was riders in
>>> matching jerseys.
>>
>> Did I ask anyone if they wore matching jerseys?  No, I simply made a
>> general comment about seeing people in matching jerseys..  much like
>> the comment above about a reason for carrying a gun.
>
>Right, you didn't ask us about jersey wearing. You just made a snide
>general comment about people who choose to wear matching jerseys, based
>on your assumption about their motive, of which you disapprove.

Yes, I expressed my opinions about that. Note that I didn't demand to
know if you wear matching jerseys on your group rides, because that's
none of my business and I really don't care what kind of jersey you
wear. Why would I care? Why would you care if he sometimes carries a
gun?

>> I may comment on what I see other people do, or on things that they've
>> told me, but otherwise, I don't demand personal information from
>> others. I think that's a really sicko thing to do.
>>
>>> Why do you think what they wear is any of your business?
>>
>> <LOL> It's not any of my business.
>>
>> I think you're too deep into your obsessions to see the difference
>> between commenting on what someone sees, and demanding information
>> beyond what's seen.
>
>Are you pretending you didn't demand information from me with your "why
>do you ..." statements? Give me a break!

I comment on your narcissistic behavior in this newsgroup.  I've
commented on your undocumented bragging, which, I note, you seem to
have toned down quite a bit.

>I think you're splitting hairs because John's behavior belies his
>pro-gun arguments. And you (and he) detest any posts that point out the
>problems inherent in your gun fetishes.

<EYEROLL> My Gawd, you actually believe you're scoring points... I
suspect quite the opposite is the case... that he's like me and gets a
kick out of triggering your repetitive, obsessive, anti-gun rants,
which I don't believe has convinced anyone to soften their stance on
the issue. In fact, we're planning a visit to Wisconsin soon and I'm
thinking of borrowing my daughter's AR15 and doing some target
shooting with it. I've never shot a pistol grip rifle and all the
hoopla about them has made me curious.

So, I'll put the popcorn on and let's see some of your obsessive
anti-gun rants.