Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ofr1vip9ee2bl2t8gnd9huuk92l27721m2@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Beneath The Hype For Bidem's SOTU Show Address, Red Flags Emerge In CNN Poll
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 20:13:29 -0400

On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 17:02:40 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <tpp1vihloa2esq3b7ua31aobsmg2ggc50j@4ax.com>,
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 15:54:47 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
>> wrote:

>> >I think it's less will he collapse physically but will he mentally
>> >collapse and say something completely appalling.
>>
>> You mean like a "binder full of women"?
>
>What exactly was wrong with that statement? I couldn't get any of our
>resident progs to coherently explain it at the time and never have
>since. Maybe you can be the one.

The obvious answer is it gave people a chance to raise questions about
Romney. I didn't have an issue with it but my take is it was seen as
down grading the importance of those women. So it was an inartfull way
of expressing what he wanted to say. Say something like "I have a
binder full of great female candidates" would have gone over much
better.

>> >(I personally think he'd be completely dead in the water politically
>> >if he was facing ANYBODY but Trump)
>>
>> Likely he wouldn't be running if Trump wasn't running.
>
>Why because the Kwisatz Haderach, the Chosen One, the only one capable
>of defeating Trump?

No, because Biden likely sees Trump as his ultimate villain.

I just think since Trump was his opponent last time he sees himself as
already prepared to go against him. Could other Dems have stepped up?
Sure, but they didn't. I don't even recall much of a hint of someone
else running before Biden announced he was running.

>There's actually a lot of other Democrats out there who would do better
>against Trump, so if Trump is his fear, why not step aside for one of
>them?
If that were true then why didn't they do so in 2020 or this time
around?