Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ojki5jlk1ppt79qg09ifp6shoh3r1vs6t8@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-29 (Wednesday)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2024 00:33:03 -0400
References: <UBI20240530@dont-email.me> <1207696532.738763205.516216.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <hcug5j5qgp3st1tu3ckb0ng6iobvug4a23@4ax.com> <v3algk$1r3ja$1@dont-email.me> <rhmh5jpn3dihvlfe8ulkpmd6368dtn43bh@4ax.com> <2117198592.738808905.822584.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <7f9i5j5jj139b1kh82h9f4ll1kl1qhag40@4ax.com> <1828594915.738819533.324500.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

On Thu, 30 May 2024 20:40:09 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 30 May 2024 17:44:57 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> The purge has been done. My friend there survived, but he says they lost a
>>> lot of truly amazing people.
>>
>> That was round one. There is supposed to be another round of thousands
>> of people released in September. (That is across the various Disney
>> companies.) There is a fight going over the number among the board and
>> Iger but it does look like they will be releasing more people in the
>> fall.
>
>Ugh

Ugh, indeed.

>>> Somebody has to pay for the hundreds of millions of dollars that stinky
>>> cheese Larson has cost them.
>>
>> I wonder if anyone will pay for that mistake. LOL, as if that ever
>> happens.
>
>Not sure anybody will pay except for the audience and the stockholders.

Sadly all too true. Even Charles Peltz has given up. He was the guy
fighting Iger in a proxy battle and trying to get on the board the
last couple of years. He and his company/group have sold all their
Disney stock so it seems like they've given up the fight so there
won't be anyone pushing Disney to change their ways in a big way.