Article <phlrbjhgab7j404jiv64hh00c3vt338p80@4ax.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<phlrbjhgab7j404jiv64hh00c3vt338p80@4ax.com>

From: Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: cyclists attack auto driver
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2024 06:20:19 -0400
References: <v9d1vq$39tl7$3@dont-email.me> <o8dlbj1bidpctralalhrkpigvks9sia5ne@4ax.com> <v9ejmh$3na3l$2@dont-email.me> <qj4mbj96ira9c55e1omldf1cm8h3pftmfa@4ax.com> <v9fthu$3ujjv$1@dont-email.me> <08enbjh9qmc6negcsdguha233qvkuun7ns@4ax.com> <v9h1ut$54ab$1@dont-email.me> <o1qobjhdn8pdkf2l04fm7fbddckv36rd9l@4ax.com> <c94pbj5hg3f86m59482mevetosqfqhgiim@4ax.com> <v9ipps$hqr9$1@dont-email.me> <natpbjpflimtqa3k1p3dfrmkkd27ih9l0r@4ax.com> <v9jh66$lbsl$1@dont-email.me>

On Wed, 14 Aug 2024 20:12:53 -0400, Frank Krygowski
<frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 8/14/2024 2:44 PM, Catrike Ryder wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Aug 2024 13:33:45 -0400, Frank Krygowski
>> <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>> Meanwhile, yours and John's pro-gun rants have apparently convinced
>>> nobody that they should be carrying a gun while they ride. So far,
>>> there's been only _one_ person here so timid as to carry a gun while
>>> riding.
>>
>> I haven't seen any attempts to convince anyone to carry a gun...
>
>"Yet more justification for carrying a gun."
>>
>>> Even John does not carry a gun while riding. Despite his attempts, he
>>> hasn't convinced even himself.
>>
>> What attempts?
>
>"Yet more justification for carrying a gun."

That was about self justification, because the only person you need to
justify it to is yourself.

>>> :-)  Get your testosterone up however you can!
>>
>> That's from a guy who made up a story about asking a friend if he [?]
>> could shoot his .45.
>
>That friend invited me to shoot. Your memory is faulty.

Could be, I don't make a point of remembering your made up stories.

>>> On a club ride last week, a hot Corvette with very loud mufflers roared
>>> past us, pedal to the floor, then its exhaust crackled loudly as it
>>> rapidly came to a stop at a stop sign. One of my friends said "I bet
>>> that made him feel two inches bigger."
>>>
>>> I think that applies to your shooting as well.
>
>... and I still think so.
>
>> "Am I qualified to talk about such things? Yes, by virtue of attending
>> multiple classes at various levels for each of the programs described
>> above. I've also acted as an editorial consultant on two well known
>> books dealing with those matters. I've written many articles on those
>> and related topics, and had some of them reprinted by publications in
>> other states and one other country. I no longer maintain the teaching
>> certification, but I've taught many cycling classes, I've written
>> scripts for and appeared in televised instructional spots, I've been
>> interviewed for newspapers and TV on such matters, and I've spoken (by
>> request) at city, regional and statewide gatherings."
>> --Frank Krygowski
>
>All correct, thank you.

I wonder if posting that, or any of your other undocumented brags made
you feel like you stood two inches taller.

>>> And speaking of legal: It's also legal for a man to don a feminine wig
>>> plus a dress, and prance around pretending to be female. Actions can be
>>> legal, yet still be silly and stupid.
>>
>> <shrug>
>
>Well said.
>
>> I remember when I suggested that I might have more bicycling skill and
>> experience then him and he imediately demanded that I provide him a
>> detailed account of all my bicycling skills and experiences.
>
>Your memory is faulty.

*********************************
Krygowski began hating me from the first time I told him that he
wasn't even remotely qualified to give me advice on bicycling. To a
narcissistic like Frank, disrespect like that is devastating.

I should mention that after I rejected his advice, he demanded that I
document my bicycling skill and experience, presumably, so he could
decide if I was qualified to reject his advice.

OK, tell us your biking experience, please. (And drop the 3rd grader
insults.)

"How much recreational riding have you done on roads? How many years
commuting to work by bike on normal roads? How much other utility
riding have you done on ordinary roads? How much overnight or longer
traveling have you done on normal roads? How much bike camping? How
many U.S. states have you ridden in? How many foreign countries? How
many century rides have you done? How many rides longer than
100 miles in one day? How many times have you organized and led
friends on road rides? How many times have you organized and run
multi-hundred rider event rides on normal roads?  Answer in detail,
please. That will allow us to gauge whether your courage and
experience really are more than mine."

--Krygowski
*********************************

>But feel free to tell us about your extensive
>education, scholarship and experience in cycling. I think if you leave
>out the times you've ridden back and forth on flat Florida bike trails,
>it shouldn't take you long.

<SNORT>  As if "education and scholarship" about riding a bicycle
could ever be described as extensive. Many children learn it before
they go to school.

By the way, presumably, the "us" in your question refers to you and
your imaginary friends, and I think you and your imaginary friends
should mind your own business.