Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<pn0v3jlk3efa6anbpd1q6bo5hqqbddo6o1@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Biden Says the Quiet Part Out Loud
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 10:49:22 -0400

On Sat, 11 May 2024 14:33:05 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>>But no, the Dems aren't trying to dilute your vote and change the
>>demographics of the nation.
>
>>Pshaw! That's just nonsense.

Even without the influx of Hispanics into the country it makes sense
for both parties, Democrats and Republicans, to court those Hispanic
voters. Ignoring them makes no sense in the long run. Assuming that
the majority are going to end up voting Democrat also doesn't make
sense. It will be years before anyone entering the country from
South/Central America will be able to vote so it will be the policies
in place at that time that are more likely to impact which party they
tend to vote for.

>>-----------------
>>President Biden referred to illegal aliens as "voters" during an interview
>>on a Spanish-speaking radio show released Tuesday.
>
>>"It's even a bigger influx now in terms of Hispanic voters, or Hispanic -
>>Hispanic citizens, who want to become citizens," President Biden said of
>>the current migrant crisis.
>
>Could we have the entire quote in context of a portion of the transcript
>please?

Looks like BTR was quoting this Fox News article:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-roasted-freudian-slip-referring-immigration-influx-hispanic-voters

President Biden appeared to accidentally refer to Hispanic migrants as
"voters" during an interview on a Spanish-speaking radio show released
Tuesday.

"It's even a bigger influx now in terms of Hispanic voters, or
Hispanic - Hispanic citizens, who want to become citizens," President
Biden said of the current migrant crisis.

He argued that the current wave of immigration is "a little bit like
back in the 1840s and the great exodus of Ireland, because of the
famine and the way Irish Catholics were treated. They said no, no, we
don't need any more of those folks. There was a large influx."

"The Hispanic community is part of the future of America," Biden told
a host from Spanish radio show Chiquibaby this week. "Twenty-eight out
of every 100 students in school speak Spanish, the idea that you’re
gonna ignore that? That’s our future. One of the reasons that we’re
growing so much is we have a significant influx of immigrants coming
into our country, only reason our economy’s so good. We’re not a
xenophobic nation. Other nations are, we’re not, that’s why our
economy is the best in the world."

-----
It's the sort of typical miss step that people have when speaking. Fox
News naturally chooses to read into it some nefarious meaning when it
is more likely that Biden just used the wrong term by accident. After
all the people coming in today aren't going to be voting for some time
to come.