Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<pyydnVT5Vc3i2cn7nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

Date: Mon, 27 May 2024 04:29:51 -0400
From: =?UTF-8?B?YmFk8J+SvXNlY3Rvcg==?= <forgetski@_INVALID.net>
Subject: Re: How will the police find me.
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
 <v2g5b1$4h19$1@dont-email.me> <v2ga5f$5b0i$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2gfnm$2f5k$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <eh4t4jhh4gaj3pittannlqeseb3l1c31ql@4ax.com>
 <v2m89s$2aer$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <v2stgn$2tq6u$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2t175$1e9$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <pyadndEKTvDjh8_7nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>
 <b4355jlg3mv53bmj6f8uevt0a8nml9tdb8@4ax.com>
 <UVOdnWbrk-E5vM77nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>
 <60f75jpn2ovt8mos4hsv0qckgh9v451sdu@4ax.com>

On 5/26/24 18:49, micky wrote:
> In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 26 May 2024 07:48:52 -0400, bad?sector
> <forgetski@_INVALID.net> wrote:
>

>>> The difference between a cell phonecall and talking to someone else in
>>> the car is that the person in the front seat is, even if not trying to,
>>> paying some attention to the traffic and he will stop talking or scream
>>> if you're headed to an obstacle.
>>
>> THAT's a point I've been trying to make for something like 20 years
>> without much success. Most people don't understand what I'm saying, much
>> less the fact that the brain is incapable of multi-processing except by
>> way of split-delegation to concious and sub-conscious. It can also
>> assign/handle in a rapidly fragmented fashion (forget the neurologiocal
>> name of this) so many miliseconds to 2 or 3 tasks at most and with losses.
>
> Hey, I agree with you and even I didn't understand this explanation!  If
> people don't understand, use little words that someone like me will
> understand.

Sorry, that's one of my too few faults, being quadrilingual and the
Bard's not being my mother tongue, but I'm always working on increasing
the total. The brain is capable of unloading some very simple tasks to
the unconscious, the latter being otherwise far more capable in its own
realm. The conscious and binary mind can juggle 2 or 3 task even rapidly
but not concurrently and when any of them start hogging the resource you
end up with 'helmet-fire' and/or panic. Anyone who uses even a
hands-free phone while driving has by definition more glands and
intestines where grey stuff should dwell to know any of this.