Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<qhdv4jhodr2vdbbgla6f0ghum0tlsft98g@4ax.com>

From: john larkin <jl@650pot.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: nice board
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 14:42:03 -0700

On Thu, 23 May 2024 22:40:54 +0200, Jeroen Belleman
<jeroen@nospam.please> wrote:

>On 5/23/24 16:29, john larkin wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 May 2024 11:00:28 +0200, Jeroen Belleman
>> <jeroen@nospam.please> wrote:

>>> Artist's impression of ... something?
>>>
>>> Jeroen Belleman
>>
>> Artist impressions of electronics are often hilarious. Trace routings
>> are the instant giveaway; they make no sense.
>>
>> I don't understand why people pay for absurd stock images when they
>> could use a real picture of one of their real boards. Probably because
>> they hire web designers who can't tell the difference.
>>
>> Our new web site had that problem, full of absurd stock images. I made
>> them use pics of real boards and schematics.
>>
>> https://highlandtechnology.com/
>>
>> That first image is a digital delay generator board. Maybe we DO buy
>> FPGAs with glowing blue stars on top. I think someone took some
>> artistic license, but it's based on a real board.
>>
>> Abstract images of PCBs are the popular-culture vision of technology.
>> Weird.
>>

>Hmmm. I also detest web pages with things that move. Get rid of
>that useless animated arrow. It's irritating.
>
>Jeroen Belleman

I had them add the arrow so people would realize to scroll down, where
to go next. But I didn't suggest that it should hop up and down like
that.

I general, the web has got very annoying lately. Popups, ads,
overlays, opening new windows, and more ads.

Youtube is worthless now.