Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<qpycnQZP2ZapaRf7nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

Subject: Re: The failure of the unified field theory means general relativity
 fails.
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
 <fLmcnSyR2vOM7OH7nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>
 <6686f816$0$3283$426a74cc@news.free.fr>
 <5iudnThNzPCrnRr7nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com>
 <668842bc$0$7508$426a74cc@news.free.fr>
 <L4ecnY0vyKwbCBX7nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>
 <6689a154$3$3899$426a34cc@news.free.fr>
 <hzWdnc3fgeyaYBT7nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>
 <668a7047$0$11706$426a34cc@news.free.fr>
From: Ross Finlayson <ross.a.finlayson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2024 13:01:57 -0700

On 07/07/2024 03:39 AM, J. J. Lodder wrote:
> Ross Finlayson <ross.a.finlayson@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> [Higgs irrelevancies]

>>> 'Implicit unit' is not a physical concept,
>>>
>>> Jan
>>>

>> The mathematically implicit, which affects that functions
>> parameterized by particular other functions have particular
>> forms about their envelopes, boundaries, and singular points,
>> very much does get involved in physical concepts,
>> here particular the concept of kinetic force,
>> as a function of time, with regards to the infinitely-many
>> orders of acceleration, from infinity on down, with
>> respect to time, the laws of motion.
>>
>> The laws of motion are about the most usual "physical concept".
>>
>> When you ask what are the infinitely-many higher orders
>> of acceleration, or "what is change, at all",
>> then mathematics rather owes physics even a model of this,
>> to equip physics with a physical interpretation or "concept",
>> or what "is physical" or "real".
>>
>> The implicits in parameterization are a rather fundamental
>> concept in the differential analysis, and analysis altogether,
>> about the derivations that result, "quantities", algebraic
>> quantities, about that even though physics often enough
>> arrives at singularities at the edges or right outside the
>> bounds, that's because regular singular points like the
>> 0, 1, infinity of the hypergeometric are "real", mathematically.
>>
>> Then, most people's first non-standard function is the
>> Dirac delta, an infinite spike at the origin with area one.
>> Then figuring out how the infinitely many orders of
>> acceleration arrive at smooth starting and stopping,
>> is here considered with regards to "Zeno's swath",
>> and "a stop-derivative, a walk-integral, a pause-integral,
>> and a run-derivative".
>>
>> Also "Nessie's hump".
>>

>> So, implicits, definitely do have a physical concept attached,
>> and force, is a function of time.
>
> Word salad: Yes.
> Clarity about 'Implied units': No,
>
> Jan

 From an article the other day:
https://phys.org/news/2024-07-exploring-possibility-probing-fundamental-spacetime.html

"For a long time, I was curious about the phenomenon of gravitational
wave memory and the connection of the associated low energy physics with
quantum mechanics," Boris Goncharov, co-author of the paper, told
Phys.org. "I first heard about Weinberg's soft graviton theorem from
Prof. Paul Lasky at Monash University in Australia, during my Ph.D, when
discussing gravitational wave memory. Then I learned about the so-called