Article <queo5jh4qcc4urusq9h8u4ve1vroffj4k4@4ax.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<queo5jh4qcc4urusq9h8u4ve1vroffj4k4@4ax.com>

From: Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Riding after heavy manual labor
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2024 05:32:24 -0400
References: <hktb5jtc5gcloq387a5i8imvqv3c0c2j5f@4ax.com> <v35d6q$o77a$1@dont-email.me> <ebec5j50o2l4pkoboqu1voe563r90ci1f8@4ax.com> <DPl6O.13471$61Y8.6535@fx15.iad> <v3cq25$29evb$1@dont-email.me> <duqj5jho6teph0jl8dv8ksarnkf48sk3i4@4ax.com> <v3cr59$29l9k$1@dont-email.me> <v3d4fo$2bbr3$1@dont-email.me> <v3d57i$2beer$1@dont-email.me> <v3dbub$2c446$3@dont-email.me> <v3dhjq$2dd29$1@dont-email.me> <87jzj97hnd.fsf@mothra.home> <v3djrk$2dvbf$1@dont-email.me> <87y17ouocg.fsf@mothra.home>

On Sat, 01 Jun 2024 21:26:23 -0400, Radey Shouman
<shouman@comcast.net> wrote:

>AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> writes:

>>>  From
>>> https://singaporelegaladvice.com/law-articles/caught-speeding-singapore/
>>>     For serious traffic offences such as exceeding the speed limit
>>> by more
>>>     than 40 km/h, offenders will be prosecuted in court. In this situation,
>>>     offenders can be fined up to $1,000 and/or jailed for up to 3 months for
>>>     a first conviction in court.
>>>     These maximum penalties are doubled for repeat offenders. Repeat
>>>     offenders who have been convicted at least 2 times for exceeding the
>>>     speed limit by more than 40 km/h may also face enhanced penalties under
>>>     section 67(A) of the Road Traffic Act.
>>>     In this case, the court may exercise its discretion to sentence
>>> a repeat
>>>     offender to up to 3 times the punishment that he would otherwise be
>>>     liable for, subject to a jail term of up to 10 years. On top of that,
>>>     repeat offenders who cause serious injury or death to another person may
>>>     also be caned up to 6 strokes.
>>> Exceeded the speed limit twice by more than 25 mph?
>>

>> By the way, if you were advising RNC on a convention venue, where?  I
>> think Mr Krygowski asked a very good question.
>
>I'm not sure the criteria for a convention city are the same or even similar
>to those for a place to live.  Who can't stand a little dystopian
>management if it's only for a few days?
>
>There was a time when real decisions were made at party conventions.
>Back in those days I would think a reliable telegraph office and several
>suppliers of nickle cigars would have been the deciding factors.
>
>These days are different.  The convention is but a somewhat boring tv
>show for a shrinking audience and a chance to reward the party faithful
>with a little junket.  This year the real Democrat convention will be a
>zoom meeting, and literally nothing will be decided in the meatspace
>convention weeks later (required so that Mr. Krygowski and his fellow
>Ohio voters have the chance to tick the Brandon box).
>
>I would have thought that the convention city might be chosen to reward
>party hacks there, but it's hard to imagine too many Republican hacks in
>Milwaukee, so that can't be it.
>
>Given that the desiderata are a meaningless spectacle for the home crowd
>and a fun time for the delegates, I suggest they use the desert playa
>made famous by Burning Man.  It is something to see, even on tv, and the
>organizers would get to show off their skills in providing any services
>at all.  The secret service might be a little put out, but the desert
>would have to be better than being bitten by ornery presidential dogs.
>
>I understand Nevada will be a swing state this year, so there is that to
>consider as well.

+1...  except for the burning man suggestion. The only good thing
about political conventions is that they keep the media busy with even
more worthless drivel than their usual fare.