Article <r5j30jhrid90luq6rl7o0l5lqm043de1de@4ax.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<r5j30jhrid90luq6rl7o0l5lqm043de1de@4ax.com>

From: Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Allez
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:31:25 -0400
References: <us735s$3bmcp$1@dont-email.me> <us7oh4$3t6b4$1@dont-email.me> <us818j$3v0oo$1@dont-email.me> <f6NFN.35951$hN14.22472@fx17.iad> <mmNFN.460077$c3Ea.403485@fx10.iad> <us9rts$emkn$2@dont-email.me> <Ox0GN.110030$Iswd.62264@fx05.iad> <3gghui9r9mt6u1i716uhh0fs2ruvkmak4q@4ax.com> <ULZLN.2563684$tl1.2028748@fx03.ams4> <uts30h$153in$1@dont-email.me> <_XhMN.982413$mUo.221762@fx08.ams4> <ohg30jlgv4plrhsn22f21hhihts8c84lag@4ax.com> <yKjMN.2795494$Lo1.911613@fx02.ams4>

On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 18:53:18 GMT, Roger Merriman <roger@sarlet.com>
wrote:

>Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 16:51:06 GMT, Roger Merriman <roger@sarlet.com>
>> wrote:

>>> In uk the NHS has resisted efforts to force them to inform the DVLA as well
>>> doctor/patient confidentiality. As it stands it?s up to you to inform the
>>> DVLA which if one does then after x period you can start driving even
>>> before medical documentation and you have your physical license back.
>>>
>>> If though you don?t and are discovered will quite apart from a hefty fine
>>> (potentially) will have to wait for every form (and their is multiple!) etc
>>> to be processed and your physical license back!
>>>
>>> Roger Merriman
>>
>> You need a doctor's permission to drive?
>
>Other way around at least personally I was advised not to drive for 6
>months and to inform the DVLA as significant head injury, and needed the
>Doctor to sign off that they didn’t have any concerns at the end of the 6
>months, other conditions and so will vary.
>
>The medical bods will not tell the DVLA but clearly if one was discovered
>to have ignored medical advice…
>
>But other medical conditions such as diabetes or epilepsy or even some
>conditions with eyes will require checks or simply such as epilepsy that
>needs to be X gap (I think a year?) after last seizure before one can drive
>and so on.
>
>Roger Merriman

I couldn't live in the UK.. or most anywhere else othrr than the USA.
It's even getting less comfortable for me in the USA.  I'm not a fan
of outside interence in my personal live.