Article <rnem8jhtbhhvf21d6nqvg0iui1t2jnqsmn@4ax.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<rnem8jhtbhhvf21d6nqvg0iui1t2jnqsmn@4ax.com>

From: John B. <slocombjb@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Disc brake maintenance tips
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2024 09:06:07 +0700
References: <uf6h8jp8i6ogq9odo7o52eth5s3m1fe78v@4ax.com> <v6a6tk$3ggeu$6@dont-email.me> <v6a9mp$3l2np$1@dont-email.me> <v6aau3$3l7ug$1@dont-email.me> <v6be64$3qc85$1@dont-email.me> <v6bnfi$3rvtv$1@dont-email.me> <h6ri8jl980fkg01h56603l5htkj168k7u2@4ax.com> <g8nj8jl3i63ku5hib2ccach3p3q9j2mv2j@4ax.com> <v6d3rn$6gvj$1@dont-email.me> <v6ebb0$cgrt$2@dont-email.me> <v6enlj$emn4$1@dont-email.me> <v6erht$f4d3$2@dont-email.me> <v6fb8m$husq$1@dont-email.me> <v6fcbi$i61t$2@dont-email.me>

On Sun, 7 Jul 2024 19:37:08 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 7/7/2024 7:18 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

>>> Yes that's exactly right.
>>>
>>> Automobile crashes kill some 44,000-ish people a year here
>>> (plus carbon monoxide deaths, autos crushed aspiring
>>> mechanics in driveways and so on).
>>>
>>> In theory, we regulate pilot behavior*.  Again in theory,
>>> we track vehicle ownership*. In theory, we even regulate
>>> who may* pilot one on public roads.
>>>
>>> Yet there's no serious discussion (outside the loony left)
>>> of banning autos altogether.
>>
>> And as also discussed at length: The benefits of widespread
>> car ownership in America greatly and obviously outweigh the
>> detriments.
>>
>> As a thought experiment:
>>
>> What would be the result of making every privately owned car
>> in America suddenly disappear? The benefit would be somewhat
>> lower pollution. The detriment would probably be societal
>> collapse. Almost all Americans could not get to work, could
>> not buy food, could not get to medical care, etc. The
>> economy would crash due to roughly zero consumer activity.
>>
>> What would be the result of making every privately owned gun
>> in America suddenly disappear? The detriments would be the
>> avid hunters in John's favorite state would have to switch
>> to bow hunting; and target shooters would have to get their
>> fun using BB guns. The benefits would include murder and
>> suicide rates plummeting. Armed robberies would essentially
>> end. Gang wars among thugs would no longer kill innocent
>> bystanders... etc.
>>

>Extend your hypothesis.
>
>As it is, criminals use firearms for violence to a much
>greater extent than do the citizenry in defense. And you
>want to disarm the law abiding citizens? How does that make
>any sense?

Ah Frankie, how quickly he forgets. My referencing Vermont, New
Hampshire and Maine was in direct reference to Franking stating that
is you have a gun in the house you are more likely to die from a
gunshot , which seems to be a statement that is applicable to all
houses with guns. I simply pointed that,  as is so common with
Frankie's posts, that in at least three cases he was wrong. But then
as with all gun grabbers the Biblical phrase "the truth will set you
free"  is ignored.
--
Cheers,

John B.