Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<roi02jl9rtp25kbmltuur7toe569sln1ln@4ax.com>

From: Spalls Hurgenson <spallshurgenson@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Subject: Re: Study: Dungeons and Dragons may improve mental health
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:29:40 -0400

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 13:31:43 +0200, Kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote:

>I got admit I am trying to fill the frp-hierarchy with a bit more life,
>because I think it's kind of sad if it disappears. After all
>.storyteller and .industry already got kicked out of the big eight. So I
>periodically check for appropriate news to post. It's a bit of a pet
>project.

And its appreciated.

Even the smallest effort can keep a newsgroup alive. For whatever
reason, a lot of people don't like to create new threads, preferring
only to respond to existing posts. But if nobody posts, there's no
traffic. No traffic, no reason to read. No reason to read, people stop
visiting. And then the newsgroup dies.

But even an occassional post can keep a newsgroup going on
indefinitely. More posts encourage others to step up and start their
own threads. People come back, participate. There's a lot of lurkers
out there just waiting for a reason to keep reading Usenet.

So thank you for your posts. Usenet is a precious resource and
something close to my heart, and anything to keep it alive is quite
welcome.

(I just wish I had more to say about frp.dnd... but I'm barely
involved in the game anymore and completely out of touch with the
latest trends. I mean, I guess we could rehash old issues, like: who
would in a fight, Drizzt Duorden or Elminster? ;-)