Article <rug15jl8sq3taktebf6eo3tkq7ed925ddl@4ax.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<rug15jl8sq3taktebf6eo3tkq7ed925ddl@4ax.com>

From: Joel <joelcrump@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: "The first Copilot+ PC has been tested and it destroys the MacBook"
Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 12:47:14 -0400

Tyrone <none@none.none> wrote:
>On May 24, 2024 at 10:03:31?AM EDT, "Andrzej Matuch" <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:
>
>> I agree that they should have compared processors with the same number
>> of cores. However, the point these reviewers want to make is that at the
>> price it will cost, the Snapdragon will beat what is available at the
>> same price from the competition.
>
>If that's all they have then again, Apple has nothing to worry about. Macs
>have always been "overpriced and underpowered", yet Macs are now 20% of the
>market and Windows is down to 70%. I remember when it was 4% Macs and 95%
>Windows.

I think the gains Apple has made in the desktop/laptop market are what
we've always wanted to see Linux do, but it can't because normal
people barely know what it is.  macOS, though, is commercial, and
sleeker than Winbloat, so it offers an alternative people are aware
of.  I would never again buy a Mac, but I like that they offer
something to drive M$ toward a better paradigm, competition works.
Linux remains my style, as a computer nerd, but macOS offers a
similarly functional OS for more mainstream people.

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent.  States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.