Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<s1ua2j5mog7736g7ugcurtlsv5hmo1b082@4ax.com>

From: Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@comcast.net>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: anti-gravity?
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 17:02:32 -0400

On Sun, 21 Apr 2024 19:31:17 -0000 (UTC), Phil Hobbs

>Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@comcast.net> wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 Apr 2024 13:35:27 +0100, Martin Brown
>> <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote:

>> that-physics-says-shouldnt-work-just-produced-enough-thrust-to-defeat-
>> earths-gravity/>

>> Vacuum to get rid of corona.
>>
>> Space (orbit really) so tiny forces can be detected and measured.
>>
>> A steady one G acceleration would be pretty impressive, and would
>> settle the issue.
>>

>>> To avoid embarrassment when it doesn't actually work as claimed!

>>> Surely it is yet another standard pump and dump models for dodgy fringe
>>> science IPOs much like the LENR scams that have been around for decades.
>>>
>>> Some genuine engineers who didn't properly understand the physics of
>>> gyroscopes have famously announced their anti gravity machines.
>>>
>>> Most notably one Eric Laithwaite who once gave the Royal Institution
>>> Xmas Lectures in 1966 on magnetic levitation and linear motors before he
>>> quite literally went off the rails in 1974.
>>>
>>> <https://www.rigb.org/explore-science/explore/blog/gyroscope-engineer-and-christmas-lectures>
>>>
>>> Great communicator with the public but not very good at physics.
>>
>> Yeah.  Investment not recommended.
>>
>> As for our asymmetrical capacitor fellow, there has to be some big
>> errors in the derivation.  I watched part of his lecture, where he did
>> note that this force endured even when the HV was turned off, and that
>> it should therefore accelerate continuously.  Which it doesn't,
>> despite his theory.  He knew that this was a problem, but figured that
>> it was fixable.  Hmm.
>>
>> That fellow reminds me of the inventor I met, described in the SED
>> thread "Non-Inertial Navigation Technology" (July 2020).  That company
>> still exists, and he still toils away.  I don't know where the money
>> comes from.
>>
>> Joe Gwinn
>>

>And then there was the Dean drive, which worked by rattling a mass back and
>forth inside a vehicle.
>
>The tabletop demo went perfectly. ;)

Yeah, I remember that story.  I bet that if one simply suspended the
dean drive assembly from a rafter using a long spring, no net motion
would be seen.

I will say that with Non-Inertial Navigation, after talking with the
inventor on a video conference, my instinct was that he was sincere
but misguided.

After watching the asymmetrical capacitor video presentation, my
instinct is that the inventor is a complete huckster, and does know
better, as I watched him deftly include everything likely to impress
the relevant audience, up to and including perpetual motion, free
energy, and alien technology.  But no warp drive.

As for Dean, I have no idea, but tend towards pure huckster.

Joe Gwinn