Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<slrnuvqvti.37p.oldernow@oldernow.jethrick.com>

From: oldernow <oldernow@dev.null>
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc
Subject: The hopeless egocentric majority
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 12:55:15 -0000 (UTC)

A few days reading and posting to talk.politics.misc has me
understanding how a nation winds up with a pair of bozos for
presidential candidates: both accurately reflect/represent the
split majority of those supporting them.

On one side: brain-dead believers of news media whose behavior
reflects senility.

On the other: brain-dead believers of news media whose behavior
reflects brash assholery.

Neither "if you're not with us, you're against us" stance can but
undermine society.

See also: the majority is hopeless for being hopelessly in the
throes of the mental illness called "ego", and thus incapable of
acting other than in/with self-interest - which is typically at
odds with a society's best interest.

Thank you, talk.politics.misc, for making it all so clear!

      | "The greatest tragedy in human history may have |
      |     been the hijacking of morality by ego."     |
      |      -- oldernow spoofing Arthur C. Clarke      |
oldernow
xyz001 at nym.hush.com