Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<slrnv86vve.aen.spamtrap42@one.localnet>

From: Robert Riches <spamtrap42@jacob21819.net>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: any way to completely disable Emacs eln-cache
Date: 2 Jul 2024 04:19:59 GMT

Is there any practical way to completely disable Emacs' eln-cache
while using Devuan Daedalus binary packages, versions in the
1.28.2 neighborhood?  Even better would be to entirely disable
native compilation.

The cached files cause noise in Tripwire output and make messes
in directories Emacs should not be leaving messes in.  Recently,
I saw .el files being left in /tmp.

Web searching found several ways to try to direct the cache to a
different directory path, but that's not what I want.  (Also,
most of those methods failed to work as advertised.)  Making the
default directory a symlink to /dev/null simply moved the cached
files to another directory.

Thanks.

--
Robert Riches