Article <slrnv926ba.4bf4.rotflol2@geidiprime.bvh>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<slrnv926ba.4bf4.rotflol2@geidiprime.bvh>

From: Borax Man <rotflol2@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: What programs do you make sure are installed on a new Linux
 install?
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2024 11:54:18 -0000 (UTC)

On 2024-07-10, candycanearter07 <candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid> wrote:
> Borax Man <rotflol2@hotmail.com> wrote at 09:31 this Wednesday (GMT):

>>> Do they work together?
>>
>> Not really!  I generally just use xlock when I want to lock my screen.
>> XScreenSaver, well, my kids enjoy watching the bouncing cows, they think
>> its hilarious!
>

> Oh, IG I'll stick to XSS then. Do you run them directly from
> /usr/lib/xscreensaver? (or libexec)

Its built into the menu for FVWM.  My FVWM config, which is based on an
old template that came with FVWM or FVWM95 has a menu for ScreenSavers
which lists the xlock ones and also for XScreenSaver to start it, or
start the demo.  Thats perhaps why I use them, because in the very early
days when I started using Linux, I found them in the menu entry here.