Article <slrnvcplmj.nlr.theise@panix2.panix.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<slrnvcplmj.nlr.theise@panix2.panix.com>

From: Ted Heise <theise@panix.com>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Q on Speedplay cleats
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2024 19:26:11 -0000 (UTC)

I think I've tracked down the source of clicking when I ride--my
Speedplay X cleats.  When it's not quite so hot I'm going to see
if tightening the tension screws helps (the C-rings have quite a
lot of play as currently set).  Further, I get the clicking on
both my single Ritchey and my tandem--two different sets of
pedals.

In any case, I'm thinking to get a new pair of cleats.  Even if
the adjustment resolves the clicking, it wouldn't be bad to have a
backup.  I'm wondering why the huge disparity in pricing (~10X).
What looks to be official is ~$200...

https://www.amazon.com/SpeedPlay-Speedplay-Zero-Pedal-Cleats/dp/B00RZP7A60

....whereas another source has them for $23...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V4S5TTG/ref=sspa_dk_hqp_detail_aax_0?psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9ocXBfc2hhcmVk

Based on the language of the description, I'm guessing these
latter cleats are of Chinese origin.  And I did notice the title
says cleat covers, but the pictures (and description) all show
cleats.  Also, this may be what I bought last time.

Any tips?

--
Ted Heise      <theise@panix.com>       West Lafayette, IN, USA