Article <sm0frwxc8tb.fsf@lakka.kapsi.fi>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<sm0frwxc8tb.fsf@lakka.kapsi.fi>

From: Anssi Saari <anssi.saari@usenet.mail.kapsi.fi>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Dropbox
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 13:22:08 +0200

VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> writes:

> Anssi Saari <anssi.saari@usenet.mail.kapsi.fi> wrote:
>
>> db <dieterhansbritz@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I have Dropbox on my laptop and my ANdroid phone, but
>>> they are not synchronised. How do I get it to
>>> synch on the phone, with the laptop contents?
>>
>> As far as I know, Dropbox doesn't sync on Android. You can access your
>> Dropbox files with the app but syncing the whole Dropbox folder to your
>> phone isn't supported.
>>
>> If that's not what you mean, then what do you mean?
>
> It does on my Android smartphone.  On my desktop PC, I added a file to
> my Dropbox folder.  In under a minute (it was a small text file), it
> showed up when using their web client.  I looked on my phone, and the
> new file was listed there.

Can you see that file in a directory on the phone with a file manager?
If not, it's as I said, Dropbox is not syncing. From the rest of your
post it seems we have a very different view of what sync means. To me it
means all files in all Dropbox directories copied to all synced systems,
which is what Dropbox does on Windows and Linux PCs at least.