Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<t3304jhb18aq6vraj9nvc8a69hscufb3da@4ax.com>

From: boB <boB@K7IQ.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: The end of stackoverflow?
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 17:27:19 -0700

On Sat, 11 May 2024 12:39:34 -0700, Don Y
<blockedofcourse@foo.invalid> wrote:

>On 5/11/2024 4:45 AM, albert@spenarnc.xs4all.nl wrote:
>> The most annoying is that 4 of 5 question that I want to
>> ask there are destroyed by the moderators.
>
>For all the folks who think "moderation" is the solution...  :>
>
>>   It is largely arbitrary.
>> Explain the difference between c and lisp macro's?
>> IMHO dubious. Huge upvotes, apparently acceptable.
>> Explain the difference between Forth and lisp macro's?
>> A more sensible question because they are more related.
>> Shot down, inappropiate for SO.
>> My sensible m4 question (how to write a function that
>> removes the first character of a string) was voted down.
>
>In Inferno/Limbo, you would use "len" to determine the number
>of characters in the argument (to guard against degenerate
>cases -- with appropriate conditional logic) and then "substr"
>to peel off the characters following the "0-th" character.

I have found that any of my contributions to a question are either
removed or edited.  I thought it was just me but it looks like it
isn't just me.

This may be for stack-exchange or in addition to.

Are they owned by the same people ?
The article called them "sisters"

boB