Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<tNecnfwEApBwqG_4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Canada to Start Punishing People for Pre-Crime
From: BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 23:25:33 +0000

moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:
> On 3/13/2024 4:14 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article
>> <17bc6a65e0fefe3d$133203$1098985$c8d58268@news.newsdemon.com>,
>> moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:

>>> Trudeau's blackface wasn't a clear expression of hate ...which 'hate
>>> speech' presumably is.
>>
>> Yes, there's always an excuse for why "it's different when we do it".
>>
>> Ask any BLM/NAACP/black racial grievance group if they consider
>> appearing blackface to be hate and I bet they have a different standard
>> than you do. And the rules of political correctness say their definition
>> controls.
>
> No, there isn't "always an excuse" for why it might be "different".
> Consider, for example, the recent discussion of RuPaul's book-banning.
>
> Meanwhile, the question of 'hate' is determined by the offender's state
> of mind, not the offendee's.

Not according to all the woke DEI training everyone has to go through these
days. Your intent doesn't matter. It's the offended person's feelings that
matter.

That's why people can get fired for using the word niggardly. Doesn't
matter if the word has no racial meaning. Doesn't matter that the person
who used it had no intent to offend. All that matters is that a stupid
person with a stunted vocabulary was offended.