Article <tWsKauuW6XViPa1OVHe8GAFt0pY@jntp>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<tWsKauuW6XViPa1OVHe8GAFt0pY@jntp>

Subject: Re: Relativistic aberration
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
JNTP-HashClient: 4vxvg8M4GKSyOiNgNpb1Jj-ZHuo
JNTP-ThreadID: XgGFOrcTXd5ZDEX07aa-LTy0U04
JNTP-Uri: http://news2.nemoweb.net/?DataID=tWsKauuW6XViPa1OVHe8GAFt0pY@jntp
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 24 22:30:10 +0000
From: Richard Hachel <r.hachel@wanadou.fr>

Le 15/07/2024 à 23:54, hitlong@yahoo.com (gharnagel) a écrit :

> Speaking of SR, I've found that to be true in only two cases: when
> gravity
> is significant and when dealing with faster-than-light (FTL) phenomena.I notice
> that the notion of anisochrony, although simple, that I proposed forty years ago
> now to try to rectify things that did not seem clear to me, remains invariably
> misunderstood by men.
It's very strange.
But you're talking about the speed of light.
I wrote at the time (1986): "there will therefore be an impassable
observable speed, which will extend to all particles and all the laws of
physics".
I am surprised that 40 years later, we are still talking about tachyons,
or whatever. The day you are told: "That's it, we have found a
superluminal particle, invariably answer: then the experimenter was
absolutely wrong".

Some people think that the limit on the speed of light comes from a
technical problem, and that, with better technology, we might one day be
able to find something that will exceed this speed, like in science
fiction films. .

This is not a technical problem, but a problem of absurdity.

As if one were saying to a man: “Draw me a round square, give me a
scarlet white paint, pour me a glass of dehydrated water”.

Exceeding the speed of light isn't impossible, it's just absurd. A bit
like asking a man to search for a whole number between 5 and 6 for 1000
years. He will never succeed because it is absurd and contradictory.

For a particle to exceed the speed of light, it would have to exceed an
infinitely fast real speed, which is absurd.

The equation which compresses the speed values ​​to c, comes from the
fact that the notion of universal simultaneity (notion of universal
present time) is an abstract idea, very anchored in man, but which
nevertheless remains totally abstract from our universe. It's not made
like that.

We will therefore have two fundamental equations, one of which is the
reciprocal of the other.

Vo=Vr/sqrt(1+Vr²/c²)

Vr=Vo/sqrt(1-Vo²/c²)

Thus, it will be possible to give to a mobile, a law, a particle all the
real speeds imaginable in a given frame of reference.

But you will never be able to measure it, observe it, faster than c.

It is a property of space and time that gives this.

Because the notion of general and reciprocal simultaneity simply does not
exist, and we must take into account the temporal shifts which exist,
naturally, between any two points in space.

In short, the “plan of present time” does not exist. Each entity in
the universe creates its own.

Going from A to B, even infinitely quickly (we put a small watch on the
particle) will always take an incompressible amount of time for the
examiner placed stationary in this frame of reference.

And c can never be logically exceeded IN this frame of reference, even if
the particle, like the photon, moves instantly from there to there.

R.H.