Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<tfj8vi1cu4e2imcj18tr4mvbpe5cq20ap1@4ax.com>

From: Spalls Hurgenson <spallshurgenson@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Subject: Re: [dicebreaker] Is the next version of Dungeons & Dragons coming too late?
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 09:38:49 -0400

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 12:25:23 +0100, kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote:

>Source:
>https://www.dicebreaker.com/series/dungeons-and-dragons/opinion/dnd-version-coming-too-late
>
>Is the next version of Dungeons & Dragons coming too late?

I'd argue that the new version is coming too EARLY.

We as gamers don't really need a new edition. Fifth Edition is fine.
There isn't anything really wrong with the current edition, after all.
In fact, having a certain stability to the game is actually a benefit.
Revisions to the rules don't make for good games; it's the adventures
and settings (and the way the DM and players interact) that make for
exciting experiences. And trying to write good adventures on the
shifting sands of constantly changing rules isn't beneficial to that
goal.

The release of a new edition is largely to the benefit of Hasbro/WOTC.
It allows them to hype up the game, hopefully attracting new
customers, and forces everyone to buy new rulebooks. It's being done
to meet next-quarter targets, not because there is any pressing need
for a change.

But what do I know. I'm fine with AD&D ;-)