Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<u14quid1e74r81n0ajol0quthaumsd65md@4ax.com>

From: legg <legg@nospam.magma.ca>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Chinese downloads overloading my website
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2024 20:59:19 -0500

On Fri, 08 Mar 2024 06:43:49 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
wrote:

>On a sunny day (Thu, 07 Mar 2024 17:12:27 -0500) it happened legg
><legg@nospam.magma.ca> wrote in <6lekuihu1heui4th3ogtnqk9ph8msobmj3@4ax.com>:
>
>>A quick response from the ISP says they're blocking
>>the three hosts and 'monitoring the situatio'.
>>
>>All the downloading was occuring between certain
>>hours of the day in sequence - first one host
>>between 11 and 12pm. one days rest, then the
>>second host at the same timeon the third day,
>>then the third host on the fourth day.
>>
>>Same files 262 times each, 17Gb each.
>>
>>Not normal web activity, as I know it.
>>
>>RL
>
>Many sites have a 'I m not a bot' sort of thing you have to go through to get access.

Any idea what's involved - preferably anything that doesn't
owe to Google?

ISP bumped up limit for this month as courtesy, after blocking the
first three hosts, but a fourth host just gobbled that up.

3rd March
1.82.160.27
Chinanet Shaanxi, China telecom #56 Gaoxin St Beijing 100032

5th March
183.197.52.166
China Mobile Communications

6th March
42.184.167.97
Chinanet Heilongjiang, Heilongjiang Telecom,#178 Zhongshan Rd Haerbin
150040

8th March
106.46.35.206
Chinanet Henan, Henan Telecom

I'd like to limit traffic data volume by any host to <500M,
or <50M in 24hrs. It's all ftp.

Have access to Pldesk, but am unfamiliar with capabilities
and clued out how to do much of anything save file transfer.

RL