Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uMOdnQVwF7luC_j7nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@supernews.com>

From: Tyrone <none@none.none>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: It Sounded Like a Good Idea...
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2024 11:50:11 +0000

On Jun 9, 2024 at 3:23:52 AM EDT, "rbowman" <bowman@montana.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 09 Jun 2024 04:27:33 +0000, Tyrone wrote:
>
>> And today, I also can't believe that (1) "Windows Recall" was originally
>> going to be enabled by default and (2) the data was originally not going
>> to be encrypted and (3) originally any user on the PC could access it
>> and (4) MS originally thought 1, 2 and 3 were OK.
>>
>> That is, until the tech press started screaming about 1, 2 and 3.
>
> Well, everyone is climbing on the AI bandwagon even though some of the AI
> people themselves aren't sure it's a good idea, the companies are getting
> sued for hoovering up all sorts of copyrighted and private information.

Microsoft is certainly hyping it beyond all rationality. They (naturally) see
this as a way to increase sales/use of Windows. But it could actually have the
opposite effect. What if HP/Lenovo/Dell/etc. start to back away from the whole
"Copilot PC" branding?

I think this is exactly what the whole "AI" train needs. A huge dose of
Reality. People will continue to push back against this nightmare technology.
 I would not be surprised to see Apple's 1984 Big Brother commercial make a
comeback.

This could not be any creepier. Microsoft actually wanting to record
everything you do. Combine that with their horrible track record of security
and you have this PR disaster.