Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usdn8g$1astl$2@dont-email.me>

From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Alec Baldwin getting away with murder
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 00:48:16 -0000 (UTC)

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>Alan Smithee <alms@last.inc> wrote:

>>>Classic example of shit rolling downhill and our two-tiered justice system.
>>>Baldwin is "loose" with weapons on the set and he fires the fatal shot but
>>>because he hired a young and very inexperienced armorer, she ends up being
>>>the perfect scapegoat.

>>Did you watch the trial yesterday? She was quoted as saying she could
>>not be responsible for everyone on the set. Even tho it is her job to be
>>responsible.

>>Baldwin should be held accountable, but he will likely walk.

>Once upon a time, I spent an afternoon on the CSI:HORATIO set as a
>technical advisor (the episode dealt with counterfeit currency and they
>took none of my advice regarding how what they were doing wasn't
>accurate in any way), and in every scene with guns, as soon as they
>yelled cut, the armorer zipped in and took everyone's pistols and put
>them on a table over in the corner of the sound stage. He stood watch
>over them until the resets were done and they were ready to go again,
>then he handed them all back out again.**

Gee. I'll bet no one brought live ammunition to that set either, and
I'll bet no one was playing with guns, just shooting them off, between takes.

>(I do not know if there was a separate sunglass wrangler for David
>Caruso.)

Bwahahahahahaha

>The armorer guy went white as a sheet near the end of the day when it
>came to his attention that I'd been sitting on set all afternoon with an
>actual loaded handgun under my suit coat.

>Based on what I saw that day and how firearms are treated on set by a
>responsible armorer, Baldwin should never have been playing around with
>a gun outside of an actual filmed scene, and certainly shouldn't have
>been pointing it at people. What possible reason could he have had for
>pointing it at the director and the DP?

He wasn't playing around. He was rehearsing. They wanted a dramatic shot
looking down the gunbarrel with the gun pointed at the camera. That's
why he shot toward the two of them, killing Halyna Hutchins and wounding
Joel Souza.

The earliest news reports made it sound like Baldwin was just fucking
around with the gun, but he wasn't. That came out much later.

It still doesn't excuse him nor David Halls from checking for a live
round.