Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<useqoj$1l88j$1@dont-email.me>

From: Ross Clark <benlizro@ihug.co.nz>
Newsgroups: sci.lang
Subject: National Proofreading Day (8 March)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 23:54:05 +1300

Somewhere there are probably figures on this, but my impression is that
during the present century people have been inventing new "National ___
Day"s at an alarming rate.

The present one was initiated in 2012 by "corporate trainer Judy Beaver.
She chose it because it was her mother's birthday, and she wanted to
honour a lady who was evidently a stickler for correctness in written
expression." (I'm not making any of this up, and I don't think Crystal is.)

The only other moment of fun is a mention of the "Wicked Bible" (1631),
one of a number of early KJV editions named for amusing printing errors.
This one apparently included among the Ten Commandments: "Thou shalt
commit adultery".