Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usfc2k$1p9ik$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-07 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 07:49:40 -0800

On 3/8/24 6:48 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> On the day of the State of the Union Show, I watched:
>>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> I’ve been listening to the malfunctioning, Amazon fire stick, and this is
> truly a habit I must break. It recommended:
>

> Five blind dates.
>
> OMG this was horrible! Shame on you, Amazon for recommending it.
>
> Basically a Hallmark format movie with the plucky protagonist who has to
> return to her hometown for a wedding and falls in love with a guy she left
> behind. Yawn.
>
> The problem is she’s massively unlikable (she won’t carry any popular types
> of tea and screams at and throws out and physically assaults customers that
> ask for them) and you don’t want her to find love, or make her tea shop a
> success.
>
> Her BFF is this extraordinarily gay guy with pink hair, who minces and
> prances through the thing and pretends he’s ducky from pretty in pink.
>
> Even though they’re dirt broke, they continuously fly back-and-forth from
> Sydney to some mysterious tropical island. They grew up on where she lives
> in Townsville (I guess that’s supposed to be really clever, Powerpuff Girls
> level humor).
>
> It’s full of big burning stupid like the bride signing her up to give gifts
> to some subset of the guests and she said she can’t afford it and ducky
> suggests she give them tea sets and she says she can’t possibly afford to
> give them tea sets when she runs a tea shop with no customers and tea
> stockpiled just everywhere. Tea sets have to be the least expensive thing
> she could give!
>
> Here’s an example of the writing (by the protagonist) and probably the
> funniest exchange in the entire film:
>
> Dad: I’m betting on you!
> Protagonist: I am not a slot machine!
> Mom: don’t say slut!
>
> One of her bridesmaids was really hawt and the Amazon suggested I check her
> out in BLACKLIGHT. I should’ve known better as she got killed two minutes
> into it.

Interesting... It looks like "Blacklight" is one of the recent Liam
Neeson movies I haven't gotten to yet...

Promoted!!  :)
(Except, I might not be able to get it - it looks like it might be
locked up by MGM+... WHICH NOBODY GETS!!)

> Mark Trent.

Will Trent!!  :|

> Season two episode three. The cute bomb expert did show up again in
> flashback. Beyond that I’m just bored with it and done.
>

> The Fugitive
>
> The 1963 series. I think I was trying to watch it on Pluto (I really just
> need to throw away that app) but they didn’t have the first three episodes
> or the last two seasons...
OK, important question – Are these episodes on Pluto in
low/standard-def? Or are they in HDTV?

After seeing the remastered Lois & Clark on the Max (and after seeing
SbtB still in low-def on MeTV!!), I can't go back to SDTV!!  ;)