Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<usffj9$1q6t8$1@dont-email.me>

From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-07 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 08:48:36 -0800

On 3/8/2024 6:48 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> On the day of the State of the Union Show, I watched:
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> I’ve been listening to the malfunctioning, Amazon fire stick, and this is
> truly a habit I must break. It recommended:
>

> Five blind dates.
>
> OMG this was horrible! Shame on you, Amazon for recommending it.
>
> Basically a Hallmark format movie with the plucky protagonist who has to
> return to her hometown for a wedding and falls in love with a guy she left
> behind. Yawn.

You couldn't tell what you were getting from the description?

I watched:

Night Court - After reading Brent Spinner was reprising his famous
pre-Star Trek character from Night Court I watched the last two episodes
only for Spinner nowhere to be found.  :-(

Imaginary (theatrical) New PG-13 horror movie written and directed by
Jeff Wadlow about a woman who moves back into her childhood home with
her husband and step children.  The youngest step daughter promptly
makes an imaginary friend which happens to be the same evil entity the
woman had when she was a child (but forgot about).  This was a very
disappointing / underwhelming movie.  For some reason I went into this
thinking it was going to be a hard "R" rated movie, but it turned out to
be PG-13.  That in and of itself doesn't mean it can't be good horror,
but *nothing* happened in this flick until the third act!  Once stuff
did finally start to happen, I guess it was OK, but I kept thinking to
myself someone wrote a $100 million script and was only given $10
million to film it.  The movie is supposed to be about an entity that
feeds on a child's imagination where anything imaginable is possible,
yet what we get is essentially a bottle story with a handful of
characters and when they finally enter the world of the imagination it's
the same handful of characters.  With nothing truly imaginative or
elaborate taking place.  The evil entity doesn't count!  This might have
worked as a TV movie with lower expectations but for the big screen I
expect more.